Ancillae-Assumpta Academy provides the opportunity for teams to participate in the Catholic Academy League at both the Junior Varsity and Varsity levels in 10 different sports.
The Junior Varsity Programs typically include grades 5 and 6 and strive to develop individual skills and team play. Coaches will ensure that substitutions are handled in a manner that will benefit the individual player and the team. However, there may be occasions when players do not participate in a game.
The Varsity Programs for grades 7 and 8 strive to refine each players’ athletic skills. The expressed purpose is to develop the best team possible for competitive play in the Catholic Academy League, as well as provide each participant with the importance of understanding his or her role for the team. Team performance and team goals are stressed at this level, with expectations for each athlete to contribute to the development of the team. Individual playing time is at the judgement of the coaching staff.
Student athletes are responsible for:
- Representing the RICE Process of Ancillae-Assumpta Academy
- Being respectful to teammates, coaches, opponents, spectators, and officials
- Attending and being prepared for all practices and games
- Maintaining academic eligibility
- Maintaining school behavior standards