- Families interested in sending their child/ren to the Academy should to complete our online inquiry form to be added to our admissions list.
- Parents are encouraged to register for a Visiting Day to tour the school and learn more about our curriculum, programs, and community.
- The student application and questionnaire are completed online by the parent/s prior to a student visit/assessment.
- As spaces become available in our student body, families will be notified in order of their date of contact, but priority is given to current school and alumni families.
- Prospective students are invited to a visit / assessment at the Academy. Students entering Stepping Stones into Montessori, Pre-school, or Kindergarten are invited to a 30 to 60 minute visit/assessment [age appropriate] with one of the teachers in these programs. Students entering grades 1 to 8 are invited to spend a school day at the Academy with our students. These visits offer the students an experience at AAA and provide the admissions department with general information regarding readiness and placement.
- The decision to accept a student is made by the principal and/or Montessori coordinator and the admissions coordinator. Should more information be needed to determine your child's readiness or placement, you will be contacted by a member of the admissions team, which may necessitate an additional visit, a pre-registration appointment, or a request for information from the student's current school. Upon acceptance, families are invited to a formal registration to meet with the Academy’s director, principal, and admissions coordinator.
- The admission fees include application [$50], assessment [$80 to $100, age/grade appropriate], registration [$50], and deposit [$600]. Application and assessment fees are due prior to the student visit. Registration and deposit fees are due at the formal registration appointment.
- Birth and baptismal certificates [baptismal, where applicable] are required documents to be presented at the time of registration. The new student’s social security number is also required.
- During the registration appointment, student health forms are given to parents and are required to be returned prior to the start of the new school year. Those forms include a physical examination form and certificate of immunization to be completed by the family physician, a health history to be completed by the parent/s, and a dental examination record to be completed by the family dentist.
Ancillae-Assumpta Academy admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the Academy. Similar policies apply to the school staff. The Academy does not discrimate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, its admissions policies, or in any school administered program.
Ancillae-Assumpta Academy is one of the Philadelphia area schools using a web-based application called Ravenna for the submission of online applications. Ravenna allows you to efficiently apply to schools and track the status of your application online. Additionally, through Ravenna you will be able to schedule admission events and view decision notification.
How to Start
To begin your application, go to Ravenna and create an account. Make sure to create your account using an email address you will have access to throughout the admission season as this will be your primary email contact with our school. Click here for step-by-step directions on how to apply online.
Support or Help
If at any point you should have a question about Ravenna and your application, please contact them at email@example.com. Ravenna is happy to answer your inquiry by phone, however, they require that all support inquiries are initiated through the email address you used to create your Ravenna account. It is important that they are able to validate your access to any information about your applicant’s account to protect your privacy.