Technology is common in all grade levels and throughout the curriculum. It is used in a wide variety of instructional settings, including whole group (labs), small group (classrooms), and individualized instruction. Technology is effectively integrated for collaboration, individualized instruction, project based learning, problem solving/decision making simulations, and productivity (organizing, writing, reading, and communicating). Learning tasks are supported by technological applications in four broad learning processes: Research; Data Organizing and Analyzing; Desktop Publishing; Multi/Hypermedia. Students in grades 5 to 8 have school e-mail accounts for the primary purpose of supporting teaching and learning through the use of Google Apps for Education. The National Educational Technology Standards for Students drive the integration of technology skills within the curricular areas.
Learning tasks are supported by technological applications in four broad learning processes:
- Research (gathering information)
- Data Organizing and Analyzing
- Desktop Publishing (Composing, Publishing)
- Multi/Hypermedia (Composing, Publishing)
Consistent with our school philosophy R.I.C.E., the goals of the technology program promote:
- Responsible use of technology
- Improved communication structures
- Creative curriculum design
- Improved learning and achievement
- Over 800 IOS and OXS devises for teacher and student use.
- Students visit the STEM Lab multiple times a year to engage in projects that require the space and technology provided there.
- Information Literacy is included as an integral part of all appropriate student learning standards. Resources are comprehensive, providing faculty and students the opportunities to learn and strengthen their Information Literacy skills.
- The Fine Arts curriculum and instruction is enhanced through two computer labs
- Music instruction in the MIDI labs
- Computer graphics center in the Art room
- Students utilize assistive technology software and devices to enhance their learning and assessments.
- Technology support is provided by four IT specialists. Networking, Internet access, and interactive white boards exist in all classrooms and other instructional spaces. Hardware and desktop security standards are adopted and procedures are routinely reviewed.
- Ancillae-Assumpta Academy is committed to involving our faculty, staff, and parents in implementing a technology plan that is routinely evaluated and assessed for its effectiveness and appropriateness.
- Students in grades 5-8 use Canvas, a learning management system, Office 365, and Google Education Apps.
- The Tech Team consists of 5th through 8th grade student leaders who offer first level technology support to classmates, teachers, and administration. Students will assist in basic tech maintenance, distribution, troubleshooting, and skills. The members will also serve as role models for good digital citizenship.